Change is most certainly the most permanent part of life. And this philosophy couldn’t be truer in the case of computing. Looking at how work places have shrunk is testament to this fact. And the change has only just begun. The last decade has seen serious advancements in both computer as well as mobile phone technology. In fact, the thin line between computers, laptops, tablets and smart phones is quickly diminishing. When Apple first introduced the iPad, no one expected the concept to spread like a wildfire. But it has and an increasing number of companies in the world are taking to it.
Though other innovations such as smart phones and laptops still compete in the same space with tablets, the latter is far better at handling key aspects of modern day computing.
Why a tablet beats other similar platforms
There are many ways in which the tablet has already changed the way we compute without us even noticing. The following are the ways in which tablets are all set to take computing to the absolute next level.
- If you thought the netbook or laptop was small, they are really no competition to the compactness and portability of a tablet.
- While smart phones are even smaller and lighter, they pose various restrictions such as inability to browse full webpages, limitations in video playback etc. A tablet handles all these tasks like any other laptop but at a smaller, more portable size.
- Tablets have touch screens. So you can forget about the hassle of carrying that mouse around. Though even laptops have touch pads, this feature doesn’t come close to the more direct and intimate advantages of touch screens.
- Gaming has become much easier and more cost effective thanks to tablets. You don’t have to spend as much on a game for a tablet as you would with a PlayStation or a PC game.
- You can connect to the internet on the go with options such as 3G, WiFi as well as Bluetooth.
- The support for video as well as audio codes is on the rise. Again, additional features such as better and clearer cameras give tablets the edge that no other computer could have.
- The development of some real reliable platforms such as Android and iOS makes the interface of tablets much easier and more user friendly. The best thing about these platforms is that they are easy to use even for the technology novice.
- Some of the more recent tablets feature multi-core processors; something we wouldn’t even expect from laptops a few years ago. This has made computing faster and swifter than it has ever been.
- Immense competition between upcoming table manufacturers means only one thing for consumers; better products at lower prices.